Google+ Wortel Kiwi: The Enlightenment

Friday, June 21, 2013

The Enlightenment

My mind is racing with questions need to answer when I'm writing this blog. Following the result of Auckland photo competition 2013, I have big queries regarding the decision, are those photos reasonably great to win the competition in such level? I doubt that every single photo is decent enough to be a winner at the first time. My confident premises shattered when I heard the juries reasons.

The juries have strong senses in deciding the winner. They argue that those photos have powerful story, and more importantly have coherent connection with the theme, my day in Auckland.


Initially, I solely pore over photos from their mere beauty, wow-ness, and composition, which the latter is so "textbook". This competition experience has opened my eyes that aphorism saying "One Picture is Worth a Thousand Words" is the elemental point in photography.

I tried to ask myself concerning this matter, Do my photos have story yet? I cataloged some of them I reckon possessing a story although some people probably think unlikely. Pundits regard it as capturing moments.

Friendship

Mirror

Surfing 

 Utopic vs Distopic

 Rush Hour

Faceless
Courtesy of +Andi Kurniawan 


Thus, dear friends, what do you think?
If you don't wanna think about my photos, just savour it! :)

Cheers!

Salam Wortel,

1 comment:

  1. One Picture is Worth a Thousand Words *Agree*

    Coba saja foto2 diatas dijadiin writing prompt ;)

    ReplyDelete